Practices of Thelema
Thelema for Beginners - Introduction - Part 07.
Thelema for Beginners was developed by IAO131 and is hosted here by the Thelemic Order. While it is not an official publication of The Thelemic Order we consider it to be a balanced overview of Thelema.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
- The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema by Lon DuQuette
- Gems from the Equinox arranged by Israel Regardie
- Magick: Book 4, Liber ABA by Aleister Crowley
- “Magick” on Thelemapedia
- “Magick” on Wikipedia
- “Customs” on U.S. OTO website
- “Thelemic Salutations” by Bill Heidrick
- “Thelemic Calendar and Holidays” on Thelema101.com
- “The Thelemic Calendar” on U.S. OTO website
- “Liber E” by Aleister Crowley
- “Liber O” by Aleister Crowley
- “On the Purpose of Rituals in Thelema” by IAO131
– Aleister Crowley, “Liber Samekh“
“The secret of success in invocation has not hitherto been disclosed. It
is an exceedingly simple one. It is practically of no importance
whatever that the invocation should be ‘right.’ There are a thousand
different ways of compassing the end proposed, so far as external
things are concerned. The whole secret may be summarised in these four
words: ‘Enflame thyself in praying.'”
-Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory & Practice, chapter 15
Neglect not the Performance of the Ritual of the Pentagram, and of the Assumption of the Form of Hoor-pa-Kraat. [Liber O, part III]
Neglect not the daily Miracle of the Mass, either by the Rite of the Gnostic Catholic Church [Liber XV], or that of the Phoenix [Mass of the Phoenix].
Neglect not the Performance of the Mass of the Holy Ghost [9th degree OTO practice], as Nature Herself prompteth thee.
Travel much also in the Empyrean in thy Body of Light, seeking ever Abodes more fiery and lucid. [Liber O, parts V-VI]
Finally, exercise the Eight Limbs of Yoga. [Liber E]”
– Aleister Crowley, Liber Aleph, references added
Love is the Law, love under will.
Thelema for Beginners was originally produced by IAO131 and is reproduced here with permission of the author. Some links and information have been added or updated by the TTO Website Admin.